The GAC-MAC Joint Annual Meeting, the premier annual geoscience conference in Canada over the last six decades, is organized by the Geological Association of Canada (GAC®), in concert with the Mineralogical Association of Canada (MAC). The two associations have long enjoyed a close relationship, and have united the Canadian earth sciences community annually at GAC-MAC, a formal gathering of the best geological minds in the country, to celebrate our achievements, discuss new findings and develop further relationships.
In accordance with the general slogan of our annual joint meeting Exploring Geosciences Through Time and Space”, sessions are grouped according to four conference themes:
• Earth and Planetary Systems
• Life, Climate and Environment
• Tectonic Processes and Geohazards
• Resource Geoscience
We acknowledge that The University of Western Ontario is located on the traditional lands of the Anishinaabek, Haudenosaunee, Lūnaapéewak and Attawandaron peoples, on lands connected with the London Township and Sombra Treaties of 1796 and the Dish with One Spoon Covenant Wampum. This land continues to be home to diverse Indigenous peoples whom we recognize as contemporary stewards of the land and vital contributors to our society.
Local organizing committee
- LOC Chair (GAC): Gordon Osinski
- LOC Co-Chair (MAC): Roberta Flemming
- Recording Secretary: Erika Gongora
- Finance: Catherine Neish
- Scientific Program: Phil McCausland
- Publications and Abstract Volume: Phil McCausland
- Communications and Website: Cindy Mora Stock & Carolyn Hill-Svehla
- Field Trips: Patricia Corcoran
- Workshops / Short Courses: Roberta Flemming
- Venue, Technical Services: Eric Pilles
- Exhibits, Sponsors, Fundraising: Bob Linnen
- Abstracts and Registration: Nigel Blamey
- Outreach and Education: Alysha McNeil
- Special Events/Social Events: Cassandra Marion
The London 2021 Local Organizing Committee is monitoring COVID-19 updates from regional and national authorities, and planning accordingly for this fast-evolving situation. We are currently planning to deliver a hybrid conference with a mix of in-person and virtual talks and events. Room capacities are being set according to the prevailing COVID-19 conditions in London, ON, following guidelines set by Western and the Middlesex- London Health Unit. Presenters, attendees, and exhibitors will have the option to participate in person or virtually.